23rd April 2018
The whole idea behind Cisco Meraki was generated due to a peculiar problem faced by Tim Irimies, IT Manager of Saracen Mineral Holdings. The gold mining company has five mining sites spread across Western Australia that house over 200 employees and 750 contractors. Tim wanted to manage the networking needs of those sites and he had just two IT officials based in an office in Perth. The challenge was new, but it became evident that this was the need of the near future.
With the help of Cisco Meraki, Saracen was able to fulfill all his requirements with ease. Foremostly, it was easy to install; even a non-technical person could do it. It empowered the two IT officials Saracen had to monitor and troubleshoot the installation process without leaving the office in Perth. With Meraki devices in place, Saracen could now have transparency at what was happening at network devices, client devices and connections in real-time. This was not limited to a single property, but all the 5 mining sites. With the power to access remotely through Meraki Dashboard, Saracen had everything he needed.
If you analyze this particular case, with the help of Cisco Meraki, Saracen no longer needed to invest in numerous technical professionals to troubleshoot issues at all his locations. He was easily able to ensure a regular flow of information through all the sites without moving an inch. In addition, he was able to keep a track on all his network devices. He not only saved his money but also time.
In the current scenario, where time is of great essence, Cisco Meraki emerges to be a perfect solution for wireless management, networking, and switching. The best part is that it is also extremely secure, which makes it an instant favorite among the enterprises.
Some of the superior features of Cisco Meraki that cannot be overlooked are as follows:
- Considerably lower the network management investment
- Can be installed by any non-technical person
- Comes with pre-configured adapter and AP settings
- Offers an extremely reliable and unwavering network connection
- Easily scalable to accommodate the rapid growth of wireless
- Provides great savings on operational costs of a) Dedicated training of the staff, b) Deployment of trained officials at different locations and c) Software upgrade on separate devices periodically
- Easy access anytime and anywhere
- A unified view of the whole network irrespective if the diverse geographical locations of the end devices
Concluding everything, it is safe to say that Cisco Meraki is an excellent solution that can efficiently help an enterprise save their money as well as time investments.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Anmol_Rawat/1692580